Date(s) - 02/03/2018
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Buy Tickets / $10-28. Cabrillo Students with Sac Card: $8 advance; $12.50 at the door.
- 6PM Pre Show Panel Discussion*
- 7:30PM Performance Begins
NewMusicWorks’ popular annual auditory anthology of living composers’ chamber music highlights new sounds by seven composers of Santa Cruz vintage (both past and present).
Highlights will include
- Barry Phillips: Ostinato for Elly’s 75th (Grammy winning composer)
- Philip Collins: STRUM for guitar ensemble (world premiere)
- Michael McGushin: A Queer Alphabet for soprano and instrumental octet (world premiere)
- Steed Cowart: Three Bongos Duets (world premiere)
Other composers and performers include
- Susan Alexjander
- Jon Meyers
- Scott Stobbe
- UCSC Guitar Ensemble
- Sheila Willey –– soprano
- Texts by Lou Harrison and Gertrude Stein
*Arrive early at 6PM for our FREE to-the-public 45-minute Panel Discussion involving all seven of the evening’s featured composers, moderated by NMW Artistic Director, Philip Collins.