Date(s) - 07/18/2021 - 08/31/2021
7:00 PM - 11:59 PM
Add This Event to Your Calendar
BUY TICKETS – Please Note: Online ticket holders will have access to the live stream, rebroadcast, and will be able to watch on-demand (unlimited views allowed).
Master Pianist and Composer – Taylor Eigsti, solo piano
- Live Performance: THU, JUL 15 • 7-8 PM (PT) (10-11 PM ET)
- Encore Broadcast with Artist in the Live Chat: SUN, JUL 18 • 6-7 PM (PT) (9-10 PM ET)
- Concert On-Demand: SUN, JUL 18 • 7 PM (PT) to TUE, AUG 31 • 11:59 PM (PT)
Our July Alone Together live streaming concert will be a homecoming of sorts, as we welcome master pianist, composer, and Menlo Park native Taylor Eigsti for an intimate solo performance in the Joe Henderson Lab, which will feature a live public audience. Click here to purchase in-person tickets to this concert.
Starting on piano at four and teaching at the Stanford Jazz Workshop by 15, Eigsti rose through the Bay Area scene to become a major name as a bandleader and soloist, sharing the stage with Dave Brubeck, Chris Botti, Esperanza Spalding, Chick Corea, and McCoy Tyner, among others.
He’s led eight albums, including his new GSI Records release Tree Falls, and appeared on over 50 recordings as a long-term collaborator with Eric Harland, Kendrick Scott, Gretchen Parlato, Ben Wendel, Juilian Lage, Dana Stephens, Sachal Vasandani, and Anton Schwartz.
The New York-based Eigsti has composed for and performed with symphony orchestras all over the country, and also been involved in film work, contributing a composition to the GRAMMY-winning soundtrack for director and star Don Cheadle’s 2017 Miles Davis biopic, Miles Ahead.
- “In Your Own Sweet Way” Dave Brubeck
- “Lighthearted” Taylor Eigsti and William Schwartzman
- “Tree Falls” Taylor Eigsti
- “Hutcheonite” Taylor Eigsti
- “Rainbows” Taylor Eigsti
- “Plane Over Kansas” Taylor Eigsti
- “I Have a Dream” Herbie Hancock
- “Search For Peace” McCoy Tyner
- “Argument” Taylor Eigsti
- “Caravan” Juan Tizol and Duke Ellington
- Taylor Eigsti – piano
Support Taylor Eigsti. Support SFJAZZ’s mission.
Proceeds from this purchase and contributions to the 50/50 Fund will be split 50/50 with Taylor Eigsti and SFJAZZ.