Date(s) - 05/29/2022
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Free Event
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Join us at the last SZALON of the season, celebrating 35 Years of music in community, 10 ensembles performing: jazz, classical, world, folk and cross-over styles from around the U.S. and Nepal! To join on Zoom, use the link provided. For one of the limited seats in my Philly loft, RSVP by sending your vax card to Georgette via email: [email protected]
We look forward to celebrating with you!
- Martha Mooke, acclaimed for her electrifying performances and compositions, is a pioneering electric violist/composer, highly regarded for her artistry, music advocacy, and innovative educational programs.
- TAHIRA is a storyteller, musician, vocalist, and songwriter. TAHIRA legally spells her name with all capital letters as a reminder of the giant responsibility that the storyteller has as the caretaker of the community and keeper of the culture.
- Diane Monroe is a versatile violinist, composer, and educator.
- Cynthia Folio is retiring from Temple University after teaching full-time for 42 years.
- Latino-American pianist Joshua Espinoza blends and bends genres into original compositions and adaptations that are immediately relatable, yet hard to define.
- ARKAI is an award-winning string duo that redefines the boundaries of musical genre — fusing classical virtuosity with the electricity of a rock band, the spontaneity of a jazz combo, and the beauty of a string quartet.
- New York City Guitar Quartet (NYCGQ) is a dynamic new guitar quartet focused on bringing exciting new works to the classical guitar world.
- Peter Kline is the author of two poetry collections, Mirrorforms (Parlor Press/Free Verse Editions) and Deviants (Stephen F. Austin State University Press).
- Andrea Clearfield is an award-winning composer of music for opera, orchestra, chorus, chamber ensemble, dance and multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Settled Arrows is the genre-defying music project of independent vocalist, lyricist and composer Empress Mars.
- Surendra Shrestha is an internationally known Nepali tabla player who holds a Masters in Music, specializing in Tabla, from Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad, India.
- 7:00 PM (EST) community greeting
- 7:30 PM (EST) music performances
- 9:30 PM (EST) artist chat
Consider financially donating to ArtsEarth today. A tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. Tax ID number: 26-3808290.