Date(s) - 05/10/2019
8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Church of St. Francis Xavier
Add This Event to Your Calendar
In honor of the 400th anniversary of the birth of Barbara Strozzi (1619 – 1677), we draw from the only sacred volume from her prolific output, I Sacri Musicali Affetti, Opus 5 1655 Venice.
An international ensemble of virtuose performs selections from this collection of daringly expressive and formally inventive pieces dedicated to female saints, commissioned by a female patron, composed by one of the greatest musical visionaries of her time.
- Jessica Gould – soprano
- Elena Biscuola – mezzo-soprano
- Catherine Liddell and Paula Chateauneuf – theorbos
- Christa Patton – baroque harp
- Katie Rietman – baroque cello
- Caitlyn Koester – harpsichord
Presented by Salon/Sanctuary Concerts