Date(s) - 09/22/2019
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Community Music Center
- Free Event
- All Ages
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Community Music Center welcomes the public to our Mission District Branch to try out an instrument or a class for free on CMC Sundays! Bring your instrument, your voice, your family, and friends!
Highlights include Music for Children, Vocal Performance Practicum, free group class and lesson demos, Jazz, Latin, and Beatles Jam Sessions, and don’t miss the crowd-pleasing favorite Instrument Petting Zoo!
- 3-3:45PM Music For Children class demo with Irene Chagall
- 4–4:45PM Musical Storytime class demo with Daniel Fabricant
- 3–4PM Ukulele demo class
- 3–5PM Guitar demo lessons; Piano demo lessons
- 4–5PM Instrument Petting Zoo: strings, guitar, and piano
FOR ADULTS AND TEENS
- 3–3:45PM Music For Children demo (parents welcome!)
- 4–4:45PM Music Storytime demo (parents welcome!)
- 3–4PM Jazz Jam; Ukulele demo class
- 3–5PM Voice Practicum Performance Workshop (Please sign up); Guitar demo lessons; Piano demo lessons; Cello demo lessons
- 4–5PM Latin Music Jam; Beatles Music Jam; Instrument Petting Zoo: strings, guitar, and piano
MUSIC JAM AND WORKSHOP DESCRIPTIONS
- Latin Music Jam Session with Tregar Otton
Open to vocalists and instrumentalists (violin, piano, brass and woodwinds, bass, Latin percussion). Come play Latin and Cuban grooves with others and engage in the art of the Jam Session! There will be room for solos and ensemble playing. Sheet music will be provided.
- Jazz Jam Session with Max Miller Loran
Play jazz with other musicians, guided by Max Miller Loran who will also share some improv concepts with which participants can experiment. This session gives and idea of the CMC Jazz Ensemble experience and the CMC Jazz Improvisation Group Class and Workshop.
- Beatles Music Jam Session with Scott O’Day
Join Scott Feichter, leader of CMC’s Thursday night Beatles Ensemble in recreating the immortal music of the Beatles. Bring your instrument (all are welcome) or voice and channel your inner John, Paul, George, or Ringo in a fun group setting. Sheet music will be provided.
- Ukulele Demo Group Class with Sandy Brassard
Bring your ukulele and play in fun group class environment. You’ll be introduced to some favorite tunes to play and sing along. The instructor will provide song sheets with chords. Open to all ages and levels of experience. This class is a free trial of the new Ukulele for Beginners class at CMC on Saturdays, 3:30–5:00pm.
- Vocal Performance Practicum
This workshop provides an opportunity to perform a song for fellow singers in an informal setting, and to receive feedback on your performance from faculty. Singers in the practicum will have the opportunity to rework all or part of the piece, and may sing with our provided faculty pianist or self accompany. Interested singers should sign up online HERE.