Date(s) - 09/12/2018
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Visual Arts
Add This Event to Your Calendar
This one-day Creative Minds meeting will bring together arts professionals and psychologists to develop a multidisciplinary understanding of creative processes and how they can be nurtured. A series of speakers will present recent research on creativity and reflections on the nature and facilitation of creative practice. At the end of the day a plenary session will seek to draw together insights from practice and scientific research.
Target Audience: The workshop is aimed at creativity researchers, creativity educators and arts practitioners who want to deepen their understanding of creative processes.
Refreshments and lunch will be included and the first 50 tickets are free (please do not reserve a ticket unless you will definitely attend). Tickets will also be available on the day of the workshop for a fee of £15.
- Sarah Campbell – Internationally acclaimed designer, painter of patterns, co-founder of the original Collier Campbell, the renowned design partnership
- John Clive – Digital designer, sculptor, and film-maker
- Julian Dawes – Renowned composer for TV, film and stage, and member of the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters
- Lucy Irving – Lecturer in Psychology, Middlesex University
- Nicholas Le Boutillier – Associate Professor of Psychology, Middlesex University
- Daniel Nettle – Professor of Behavioural Science, Newcastle University, Author of Strong Imagination: Creativity, Madness & Human Nature
- David Westley – Associate Professor of Psychology, Middlesex University