Date(s) - 06/22/2020 - 07/03/2020
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Force Majeure Festival 2020 combines progressive physical research and creation process with leading international contemporary artists. The twelve day program is designed to embed professional track artists in cutting edge modalities that deepen their physical and creative skill-sets. Each day includes immersive training in floorwork, partnering, improvisation, and dance theater methodologies and culminates in a creation process that premieres to the public.
- VIM VIGOR is a physical dance theater company under the artistic direction of Shannon Gillen. Founded as a collaborative think tank, VIM VIGOR is home to innovative and profoundly gifted artists from around the world who have come together to create original, cutting edge dance theater. VIM is dedicated to elevating and nurturing the professional lives of young dance artists through its education platform with ongoing classes, workshops and annual winter and summer intensives in NYC.
- Marcat Dance is the artistic home for award-winning Spanish Choreographer Mario Bermudez Gil and American co-founder Catherine Coury. The Spain-based company is dedicated to sharing their creativity and joy of movement through performance, creation, and teaching opportunities around the world. Marcat Dance believes in the power of the imagination, creative risk-taking, and continuous research towards dynamic physicality. Marcat Dance connects to the human spirit and finds inspiration from world cultures, rituals, and landscapes.
- Called ‘mesmerizing’ by VOGUE and championed as ‘vastly gifted’ by Deborah Jowitt, Shannon Gillen has had an extensive career as a dancer and choreographer in NYC and Europe.
- Jason Cianciulli is a founding member and co-choreographer of VIM VIGOR, and joined the company in his last year of studies at SUNY Purchase Conservatory of Dance.
- Catherine Coury is a performer and the creative assistant of Choreographer Mario Bermudez Gil, co-founder and manager of Marcat Dance, as well as a Gaga Teacher (Movement language of Ohad Naharin/Batsheva Dance Company) and Ilan Lev Practitioner.
- Mario Bermúdez Gil, Artistic Director and Choreographer of Marcat Dance, is a prolific creator who has developed a recognizable movement language known for its dynamic physicality and long-lasting emotional impact.
- Stephanie Miracle is an independent choreographer and teaching artist with one foot in Europe and the other in the USA.
- Christina Robson is a Brooklyn based performer, educator and maker. She has been a performer with the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company since 2015 and teaches on faculty at Gibney Dance Center.
- Kiley Dolaway was born and raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA. She studied ballet and modern dance at Philadelphia Dance Theatre then attended high school and studied dance at The University of North Carolina School of the Arts under the direction of Susan Jaffe.
- Marija Obradovic grew up in Belgrade, Serbia. She began her dance training with the guidance of Svetlana Djurovic, the director and choreographer of Perpetuum Dance company, with whom she worked for seven years.
- Jessica Smith, a native of New Orleans, is a graduate of the Conservatory of Dance at Purchase College. Growing up, Jessica trained as a competitive gymnast as well as attending the performing arts high school, New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.
- Brandon Coleman is a NYC based performer from Katy, TX and is a graduate of the University of Arizona, where he received his BFA in Dance and BA in Communication with a minor in Arts Administration.
- Natalie Border is a Utah native who trained and worked professionally as a dancer in Salt Lake City. She holds a B.F.A. from the University of Utah where she was a part of the honor society, Orchesis.
- Originally from Virginia, Dava Huesca moved to New York City and began her serious dance training at Fiorello LaGuardia Arts High School. In 2015 she graduated Salutatorian of the Dance Department and won the “Desire Keras Dancer from the Heart” award.