Date(s) - 02/06/2021
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Let’s Paint a Herring Gull
Let’s paint a Herring Gull. By the end of this class, you will know how to create realistic birds. This live class also focuses on brushwork, edges, texture and how to make white, colourful.
The class is for beginning/intermediate oil painters (acrylic painters welcome) Discover how to paint feathers, realistic eyes and beaks. Learn how to work with photographs and draw using the grid method or use your computer as a lightbox. You will also learn how to create a Rembrandt style background.
Students are expected to provide their own supplies in order to participate.
I recommend using the best possible materials even as a beginner, it makes the painting process easier.
- Oil Paint Windsor and Newton: Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Transparent Oxide Brown, Cobalt Blue, Viridian, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Permanent Rose or Permanent Alizarin Crimson
- Brushes (buy the Best quality brushes, it will make your painting process easier): 2 – 3 Fine Detail, Round Brushes – Small sizes, 1 Small Soft Blender Brush; 3 – 4 Flat Brushes – Small, Medium and Large Sizes; 1 Medium Soft Blender Brush 1 Medium Soft Blender Fan Brush, 1 Comber or Grass Brush
- Panel or Canvas Best Quality : 9 x 12
- Gamsol for brush Cleaning
- Walnut Oil (optional)
- Paper Towels
- Palette and Palette Knife
- Paint scraper