Date(s) - 06/18/2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
New Nothing Cinema
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Reynols – Sinti Botuva Tapes | 1h 21m
Next Tuesday at New Nothing, are excited to present Sinti Botuva Tapes, a collection of videos by the Argentine cult band Reynols. The band started in Buenos Aires in 1993 featuring drummer and visionary Miguel Tomasín along with guitarists Roberto Conlazo and Alan Courtis. The film shows a variety of live concert footage and various activities over a period more than 25 years.
After the film, we will be hosting a Q & A with guitarist Alan Courtis. Snacks and refreshments for visitors!
The Film contains
- Saludo Vincher Vinchas (Dir. Miguel Mitlag)
- Colegio Cristoforo Colombo, 1994 (Dir. A.Ruiz and unknown)
- No Music Festival, The Tonic, New York 2001 (Dir. Mike Shiflet)
- Flesh Sound Bs. As.,1999 (Reynols selected archives)
- Somewhere near Kingston, New York, 2001 (Dir. Mike Shiflet)
- Papagayos en la luz, Flesh Sound, Bs.As.,2001 (Reynols selected archives)
- O’Hara Mansion, Ohio, 2001 (Dir. Reynols)
- Fusa, Bs.As., 2001 (Reynols selected archives)
- Lo Pawe Recy Plays Norway (Dir. Tom Løberg)
- Camio Flatdas (Dir. Reynols)
- Lor Nindio Pepelacho in Brussels (Dir. Christophe Piette)
I know Reynols indeed: they are among the most experimental and wild people I’ve heard.
– Thurston Moore
Long may they confuse.
– John Olson (Wolf Eyes)
Reynols is a super band to me. Someday, I wanna fly to Mars with Anla, Rob and Miguel all together. Let’s do asado there.
– Mitsuru Tabata (Zeni Geva, Acid Mothers Temple, Boredoms)
One of the most bizarre musical/social units to function. Ever.
– Muckraker Magazine
The Reynols frontier is, in terms of sheer sonic, aesthetic, and conceptual creativity, an infinite expanse. It doesn’t break out of barriers so much as it evaporates them. It’s not that the rules don’t apply in Reynols music. It’s that nothing applies. The sound is itself, and everything else.
– Marc Masters