Date(s) - 09/25/2018
9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Roberta Donnay and her Prohibition Mob Band at The Woodchopper’s Ball!
[Roberta Donnay’s] engagement with the lyrics, her supple sense of time and her soulful, little-girl timbre remind you of Billie Holiday.
– Mike Zwerin, International Herald Tribune
Roberta Donnay and her Prohibition Mob Band present a modern take of the hot swingin’ jazz and sultry blues of the 1920’s and 1930’s that will make you want to dance all night!
Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco. Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. $10 admission (monthly students free!), all ages.
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Beginning and Intermediate Lindy Hop and Balboa Classes: 7:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Register online here.
- Full Bar and Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!