Date(s) - 02/09/2021 - 04/04/2021
- Call for Artists
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema proudly invites submissions of film and video works that integrate dance and cinematography for our 17th annual festival season. We encourage submissions from all artists regardless of credentials and affiliations.
- Early Bird Deadline: FEB 28, 2021
- Final Deadline: APR 4, 2021
Submission fees vary by category.
Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema is a niche film festival based in Boulder, Colorado (USA), screening works in our hometown, across the USA, and around the world. With an expansive definition of dance and an appreciation for highly experimental and interdisciplinary forms, this unique festival exposes diverse audiences to a variety of film, video, and performance possibilities.
New this year, we’ve adjusted our categories to invite the widening spectrum of contemporary works. Before submitting, please see the descriptions of each category on our FilmFreeway page.
- Dance film – short (< 16 min) ▪ dance film – long (> 16 min)
- Dance documentary – short (< 16 min) ▪ dance documentary – long (> 16 min)
- Performance documentation / hybrid (< 16 min only)
- Music video (< 5 min only)
- Micro short (< 1 min only)
- Youth directors – age 18 & under (< 3 min only)
- Student director – age 19 & over (< 5 min only)
- First time filmmaker — non student, age 19 & over (<5 min only)
IMAGE L to R: Never Standing Still: Hong Kong Ballet 40th Anniversary by Dean Alexander, Every Point in a Curve (Todos os Pontos da Curva) by Francisco Miguez, and Jah Intervention by Welket Bungué and Daniel Santos, Logo silhouettes courtesy of Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema.