Date(s) - 10/09/2015 - 10/15/2015
12:00 am - 11:15 pm
Add This Event to Your Calendar
One week only! For the first ever theatrical release, the 17th Animation Show of Shows will be screening in San Francisco at the Vogue Theater. Don’t miss this exquisite collection of animated shorts by talented filmmakers such as Don Hertzfeldt, Amanda Palmer and many many more. A full list of the program is below.
- The Story of Percival Pilts, created by Janette Goodey & John Lewis
- Tant de Forets, created by Geoffrey Godet & Burcu Sankur
- Snowfall, directed by Conor Whelan
- Ballad of Holland Island House, created by Lynn Tomlinson
- Behind the Trees, created by Amanda Palmer and Avi Ofer
- We Can’t Live without the Cosmos, created by Konstantin Bronzit
- Messages dans l’air, created by Isabel Favez
- Stripy, written and directed by Babak Nekooei & Behnoud Nekooei
- Ascension, written and directed by Thomas Bourdis, Martin de Coudenhove, Caroline Domergue, Colin Laubry, Florian Vecchione
- Love in the Time of March Madness, directed by Melissa Johnson and Robertino Zambrano
- World of Tomorrow, directed by Don Hertzfeldt
Acme Filmworks, Inc. was founded in 1990 by Ron Diamond to produce compelling artistic advertisements, music videos, short films, television programs and features by animators exploring unusual techniques and modes of storytelling. Acme’s directorial roster is a who’s who of international independent animation, including Michael Dudok De Wit, Bastien Dubois, Chris Hinton, Aleksandra Korejwo, Michal Socha, Raimund Krumme, Caroline Leaf, Yuval & Merav Nathan, Bill Plympton, Till Nowak, Diego Maclean, GianluigiToccafondo, Peter Chung, David Wasson and Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis.