Date(s) - 10/08/2016
1:00 PM - 10:00 PM
John Natsoulas Gallery
Add This Event to Your Calendar
The Beat goes on! Experience an intimate festival filled with poetry readings and painting improvisation set to the rhythm of live jazz. This is a unique opportunity for attendees to experience exclusive performances by well-known jazz musicians, jazz painters, and poets. There will be over 200 musicians and poets performing.
This 9th annual event is the premier collaborative festival in the region. Combining visual art and music, the event will feature jazz musicians and painters simultaneously creating improvisational artworks. Our two live venues will feature the artists working at a rapid pace in a public venue — a unique and exclusive privilege for the audience.
Additionally, the Jack Kerouac Annual Poetry contest will offer the winner an opportunity to read their original poetry at the conference. First, second and third place winners of the poetry contest will receive cash prizes.
- 1pm Davis High is Alan Ernst and Cliff Childers Duo
- 2pm Mike Otwell Quartet
- 3pm Barry Eldridge The Bumptet with Performing Artist, Laura Hohlwein
- 4pm Brubeck Institute Quintet
- 5pm Lowburn with Performing Artist, Ted Fontaine
- 1pm Beyond Uranium
- 2pm Triism
- 3pm Aram Shelton’s Gold Age
- 4pm Rent Romus Life’s Blood Ensemble
- 7pm Music Headliner: Amendola vs Blades