Date(s) - 09/16/2018
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
California Jazz Conservatory
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Booking, Marketing, Branding for Artists and Musicians with Roberta Donnay!
So much in the art and music industry has changed rapidly, including marketing art and music online, booking, and branding.
Roberta has been studying and teaching a workshop I developed, titled “Booking, Marketing, Branding for Artists and Musicians”, now updated! And she is happy to report I have some answers which may surprise you, and she is ready to share them here with you!
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is Your Why?
- Learn how to connect with folks on a human level
- What is your audience looking for and why do they want to come to your shows, buy your music or art?
- What is the defining thing about you and your art that grabs attention and keeps them interested? What are you offering?
- Discover your image and/or how to change it
- Conquer your fear of social media
- Why we all need an “elevator pitch”
- Learn how to “brand” yourself
- Booking with confidence
- Control & influence major search engines
- Build an audience and loyal fan base for the long term
- Drive people to your music and art and inspire them to spread the word
- Use your creativity to promote your business
Roberta Donnay is a recording and touring artist, an award-winning singer-songwriter, producer, composer, arranger and coach. Her voice and work are featured on film & TV. Ms. Donnay has served as a music supervisor and sound designer on indie films. As a vocalist and performer, Donnay has opened for or appeared with a wide range of artists, including Bob Dorough, Joey Alexander, George Benson, Elvis Costello, Dr. John, Dan Hicks, John Hammond, Julian Lage, Joe Sample, Tuck & Patti.
Ms. Donnay is Governor Emeritus for The San Francisco Chapter of The Recording Academy. Currently signed with Blujazz label, she records and tours with her group “Roberta Donnay & the Prohibition Mob Band.” Donnay toured and recorded as a singer/percussionist with the iconic group “Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks” 2005-2016 and continues to perform with the group carrying Dan’s music forward “The Hot Licks”.
Ms. Donnay has been presenting this workshop, teaching and helping artists discover how to Brand and Market themselves at NAMM, at Universities, taught hundreds of students, many who have gone on to reap more success.