Date(s) - 01/19/2021
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Add This Event to Your Calendar
- Part 1: Tuesday January 19th, 2021
- Part 2: Tuesday January 26th, 2021
Dark and Stormy Abstract Impressionism
Let’s paint an abstract impressionistic scene of a stormy night ocean with lots of colour, texture and movement!
This is a really fun technique that you can use in many of your paintings, including more realistic pieces if you want to. In this two-part series, we will have fun learning how to use plasters, paints, glazes and metallics – ooh fun! You will also learn how to make your own special formula of iridescent paints – it’s fun being an alchemist! Best of all, we don’t use any brushes!
This class is 2 sessions of 2 hours each.
Students are expected to provide their own supplies in order to participate.
- Canvas – size of your choice. This painting is on a 24 inch square canvas. Buy it already primed. You could also use a wooden cradle panel
- Paint: Golden Heavy Body Iridescent Pearl Fine Interference, Golden Heavy Body Gold iridescent, Golden Heavy Body Copper iridescent, Golden Fluid Acrylics in your choice of colours (here’s one example), YOU MUST HAVE BLACK FLUID ACRYLIC
- YOU MUST HAVE Golden High Solid Gel Gloss
- You also must have something to create texture. I recommend Golden Molding Paste
- Palette knives or spatulas or even car bondo knives and wedges
- Don’t forget cake spatulas and things like that from a convenience store
- You will need some isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing alcohol)
- You will also need at least 1, preferably 2 cellulose kitchen sponges; available at your local grocery store