Date(s) - 12/15/2018 - 12/16/2018
8:00 pm - 12:00 am
Stork Club Oakland
Add This Event to Your Calendar
New Zombies fly into Oakland’s venerable Stork Club along with Jordan Glenn’s BEAK, plus the debut of Forer Effect for a full evening of collective grooves. Expect new tunes, old tunes, and maybe a surprise or two.
An 11-piece avant-jazz ensemble playing the world music-inspired compositions of Dan Plonsey.
- Aaron Bennett – tenor saxophone
- John Hanes – drums
- Jason Levis – percussion
- Steve Lew – electric bass
- Lynn Murdock – keyboard
- Suki O’Kane – percussion
- Dan Plonsey – baritone saxophone, compositions
- John Shiurba – electric guitar
- Michael Zelner – alto saxophone
A percussion-heavy ensemble that blurs the line between dynamic/energetic grooves and chaos.
- Will Northlich-Redmond – guitar, kalimba
- Joel Nelson – guitar
- Mark Clifford – vibraphone
- Brett Carson – keyboards
- Lisa Mezzacappa – bass
- Robert Woods-LaDue – percussion
- Robert Lopez – percussion
- Nava Dunkelman – percussion
- Jordan Glenn – conductor/composer
The newly minted duo of local percussionists Sheila Bosco (Dire Wolves, Angel Archer, Autobody), and Suki O’Kane (Thingamajigs Performance Group, Vegan Butcher), jackhammering through a universe striped by twin comets of Syndrum pew pew pews and honk horn music of Ghana.