Date(s) - 04/09/2022
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Add This Event to Your Calendar
A Bay Area treasure, international star, and Steinway Artist, Sandra Wright Shen is among Silicon Valley’s most well-respected classical musicians.
Born in Taiwan, Sandra has been described as a classical “pianist of the first order.” She has thrilled audiences in fourteen countries, and throughout the US as both a soloist and chamber musician. Her recordings include Rachmaninoff’s 3rd Piano Concerto, recorded live, and the Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals.
She has received first prizes in several major piano competitions, including the International Piano Competition of France, the Hilton Head International Piano Competition, and the Taiwan National Piano Competition. She holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Peabody, and has twice been a Distinguished Visiting Professor at Furman University.
In 2017–18, Sandra was Artist in Residence with the Charleston Symphony Orchestra. She currently serves on the piano faculty of the San Francisco Conservatory Pre-College Division and the Masterworks Music Festival.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 12 Variations on “Ah, vous dirai-je Maman”, K. 265
- Ludwig van Beethoven 15 Variations and Fugue for Piano in E-flat major, “Eroica Variations”, Op. 35
- Arvo Pärt Variations for the Healing of Arinushka, 1977
- Clara Schumann Variations on a theme by Robert Schumann, for piano in F-sharp minor, Op. 20
- Samuel Barber Excursions Op. 20, Nos. 3 & 4
- Franz Liszt Grandes études de Paganini No. 6, S. 141
Consider financially donating to ArtsEarth today. A tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. Tax ID number: 26-3808290.
Steinway Society is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization (Tax ID: 77-0442110) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.